Hi All, Is it possible to start a cerbos container...
# help
a
Hi All, Is it possible to start a cerbos container configured to use sqlite as the storage to use existing policy files? I'm looking for something just to perform at the initial deployment and then the application can manage the state (and use the persisted policies on the disk) on container start up, I assume. Thanks
o
Hi! Only way to put policies into a mutable stores are
Admin API
and
cerbosctl
(cerbosctl uses Admin API behind-the-scenes). In order to use
Admin API
or
cerbosctl
, it is required to enable
Admin API
within the Cerbos configuration;
Copy code
---
server:
  httpListenAddr: ":3592"
  grpcListenAddr: ":3593"
  adminAPI:
    enabled: true # this enables Admin API
    adminCredentials: # optional part, should be provided for security reasons in a production environment
        passwordHash: JDJ5JDEwJEdEOVFzZDE2VVhoVkR0N2VkUFBVM09nalc0QnNZaC9xc2E4bS9mcUJJcEZXenp5OUpjMi91Cgo= # bcrypt hashed, base64 encoded 'cerbosAdmin' which is also the default
        username: cerbos # if not provided, default is cerbos
Other configuration parameters and what they do
Admin API
has an Add/Update Policies endpoint, and
cerbosctl
has the cerbosctl put command to fullfil the requirement.
a
Hi, I'm trying to use the cerbosctl container to put the policies I have in a folder but I keep getting the following: docker run -it ghcr.io/cerbos/cerbosctl:0.29.0 --server=localhost:3593 --username=dummy --password=dummy put policy -R ./docker/policies/ output: cerbosctl: error: put.PolicyCmd.Run(): failed to find: stat /docker/policies: no such file or directory Am I misunderstanding the command usage?
My Admin API is enabled as I am able to access the localhost:3592 and could query the current policies loaded.
o
Since
cerbosctl
running in the container doesn’t have access to the directory
./docker/policies
, it doesn’t work. As a solution you may install the
cerbosctl
to your host machine. https://docs.cerbos.dev/cerbos/latest/installation/binary