Hi guys, We want to use the audit logs which Cerbo...
# help
r
Hi guys, We want to use the audit logs which Cerbos produces, but the JS SDK does not contain either method or models. Why is that, is it going to be available anytime soon or should we write our own wrapper/definitions?
s
Hi Roman, I think it boils down to a lack of demand. Generally, once we've output our logs to one of the available backends, users ship them off to their own aggregation/management tool for further use. The Admin API interface is more for ad-hoc checks of the logs still persisted in the PDP, (it's worth noting that in the default configuration, they'll only hang around for 1 week, I believe). Have you seen the CLI tooling we provide? Perhaps that'll help out. Otherwise, what particular case are you trying to solve, out of interest?
r
We want to include those logs as a part of our own audit logging
Any plans to add Nats JetStream from your side?
s
Gotcha. Nothing imminent is on the roadmap for that at the mo.
There is an existing issue, but currently at low priority. If you did end up building something, we'd be keen to see! Our Kafka backend was actually built by a community member.
r
Alright, thanks Sam
s
(sorry I couldn't be of more help)
r
Sure alls good
We might just install Kafka
a
Could you maybe use something like fluentd to pickup the logs from stdout and push to NATS?
r
Hmm
a
Saves the fun of running Kafka
😄 1
r
We can actually run cron job for this but I thought there’s an easier way
👍 1
Cron which repeatedly calls admin api
c
A bit more reliable option would be to configure Cerbos with the
file
audit backend and use Vector to send those files to NATS.